Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Half the Kids Gone!

This is so bizarre! Half the kids are gone at a sleepover. I think this is the first time they've slept away from home without us. Is that possible? Meanwhile, the poor Prawn is missing the Slug and wanting her. Sigh. Fishy seems to be doing well, other than being tormented by the Prawn that is. Everything was fine until bathtime - Prawnie wanted Sluggie. Then it was OK during the movie (The Neverending Story) and story time, but once it was time for bed, Prawnie started melting down. Sigh. I think they have another sleepover date on Sat. Maybe Prawnie will do better by then. . .

Here's an article about a woman who tames cats with Tibetan chants! Interesting!

We actually ATE OUT last night. I know - shocking. Other than when we visit family in Madison, we NEVER eat out. I think the last time we did was about 2.5 years ago when we first moved here. Well - we've taken fast food home a few times, but not actually eaten out. Oh, hey, we did eat out sans children when we went to see Hitchhiker's Guide in June. Anyway, we totally lucked out because it turned out to be kids eat free night where we went, and not just 1 kid per adult, but ALL kids. Wowza! What a deal!! Maybe we can go back someday. . .

My phone is dying, just to prove that the fridge doesn't work harder than it does. Here's a weird communications sequence. John called home and the phone died after Sluggie andwered. I didn't want him to worry and I saw that my sis was emailing me, so I emailed her and asked her to call him and say all was well. Of course we're in different states, so that just seems very roundabout, but, hey, whatever works! And of course the monitors are both dying, as mentioned before. John says it's a monitor flu, so I recommend that anyone who comes to visit leave their laptop at home.


I'm watching the Two Towers a bit at a time. Not my recommended way of watching, but it's all I can manage right now. I'm finally ready for disc 2!

Still writing. It's the painful re-writing process that drags on and on, but I'm hoping to have this ready by Friday. Almost there!

The Librarian was entertaining, if I didn't say so already. I'm on the lookout for a really good movie, but alas, nothing is striking me as something I really want to see. Recommendations are welcome.







3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm sure you've probably already seen "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". If not - I recommend it. If you've seen it in the theatre but not the bonus stuff on the DVD's - I recommend that too. We bought it.

C said...

Yes!! I love it!!!! I love Martin Freeman as Arthur. I think he did a great job, and I was so skeptical about anyone being able to live up to the BBC mini Arthur and Ford. :o) Mos Def was great as Ford, LOL! I liked the bonus scene where they were barging in through the door on Vogsphere and then started saying how it just wasn't working, and Sam Rockwell was taking a call about a Mazeratti he wanted to buy, LOL!

I need to get CDs of the BBC radio version now. I bought tapes at a library sale but they;re so old you can barely hear them at all or make out what's being said. I love every version of the stories, LOL!

C said...

PS - weren't the cameos of the miniseries Arthur and Marvin great?