Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday! Friday! Friday!

I love Fridays! We had fun swimming. Prawn is getting better and better, as is Gogo. I have so much fun. I guess I'm still a kid at heart because I just put on some goggles and have a blast swimming aroung underwater. It's like a different world under there. They put new lights in the pool - very cool colour changing ones that cycle through a bunch of colours every few mins. It's a really neat effect. My friend's son was sick (same shouting of soup we had here) so they couldn't come. I thought we'd have the place to ourselves as usual, but there were 2 dads with their kids, a group of older kids and a couple with some children, too. (for a Friday that is PACKED!)

The kids and I tried to reverse the whirlpool and we actually got it to sort of work. I didn't think it could be done. It was a lot of work, though!

Here's where we swim. (top 3 pics) I can't believe it's only $3 per person and Prawnie is still free. See the giant snake waterslide? Part of it goes outside the building and then comes back in. The kids were saying it would be funny if it froze in that section (there was a dusting of snow on it out there today.) I wonder if it's colder in there in the winter. It HAS to be. It's only on in the afternoon/evening, so I won't find out til we go back on a weeknight. It's so dark in that thing you can't see your hand in front of your face. Actually it's pretty (OK, I'll admit it - VERY if you're at all claustrophobic) freaky the first few times.

We went to the library after lunch so the girls could do some volunteer work. They had a great time rounding up unshelved books, reshelving vids, restocking scrap paper baskets, etc.

I found some DVDs on England and Ireland, no Scotland, though. They do touch on Cornwall in the England one, so maybe it's a UK thing and will have Scotland as well.

I also got some movies to watch, including Beowulf (obviously the older version.) Found a book of Beowulf, too. I hadn't known about the paper J.R.R. Tolkien had written that brought Beowulf more into the limelight. Cool.

I'm dying to get back to my writing, so off I go. . .





No comments: