Monday, November 28, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing

Here are 2 examples of how you can start to get an inkling that you are doing too much of something.

My sister had been locked in the house for 3 days working on a case book for the local temple. She was using the Snap to Grid feature a lot in this program and I guess that makes everything click nicely into place just as if you were clicking, say, Legos together. So after 3 days of this, she finally got out of the house. When she slowed to a stop at the first stoplight, she was actually concerned that she was going to snap to the pole. *giggle*

For me it was too much sewing. On more than one occasion, when I'm whipping up the new season's wardrobe for the kidlets, I have gone to check my email and found myself trying to press the (non-existent) foot pedal to get the computer running. *chortle*

We challenged each other to an hour's goal tonight. I had to write at least 1,000 words of my book and she had to finish the current temple project. Her eyes are bleeding. OK not really, but I guess she's taxing them too much.

Oh yeah, She, I forgot to tell ya. Here in MI there is this special air quality that makes monitors really easy on the eyes. Yeah, that's it. . . And, um, you get a monthly stipend for being a stay-at-home Auntie. Yeah, that's the ticket. . . Better move here ASAP, I say! You don't want to miss out!

Hey, no rent payment. How much better can it get? If food gets too expensive, we can sneak through the woods and make nightly dumpster runs at Kroger. *giggle* Ah - the memories. ;o)

We worked hard at TKD. Sparring was 3 step and we went full on for over an hour (after the hour of class of course.)Master Han totally thrashed me at sparring tonight. But then I snuck in a scoring kick. Yay!!! LOL! I have bruises again, so I'm feeling back to normal. It was a little weird being (nearly) bruise-free over Turkey vacation. John had to stay here and wire some behemoth of a car with a guy from work. I don't know what kind of vehicle it was, but it was monstrous! Of course this IS Detroit - land of GIGANTIC automobiles that would easly seat Grendel's extended family.

I was talking up the Beowulf movie at TKD and one girl said "That's one I'll be missing." (She had to read it in school just recently I think.) It was funny how quickly she changed her mind when I told her that "The Phantom" is starring in it. LOL! (She LOVES that movie.) Score 1 for - um, I dunno who. Gerard Butler, I guess, if he can do THAT! A man of many talents.

Music of the day: shall I bother? You know, don't you. But I started with Josh Groban (I already said that this morning didn't I?) Then it was POTO, Beowulf and back to young Joshua (looping Alla Luce Del Sole.)

Movie of the day: Well, I'm gonna hit the tub and watch The Emperor's Club with Kevin Kline. Wait. That didn't come out right. Too bad, though, come to think of it. . .

Tip of the Day: It doesn't usually matter WHICH kick/s you use. Master Han will flatten you every single time. Your only hope is the element of surprise, and you have to be good enough to surprise even yourself, or he's gonna know exactly what's coming.

Horoscope of the Day: There is a devastating pushing side kick in your future. You're going to be on the wrong end of it. Sorry.

Beware of Vikings bearing gifts. Especially if the gift is an oversized, bloody arm. Run for the mead hall and tank up. If you have the presence of mind, grab a packet of peanuts, a Sub-Etha Sens-O-Matic and an Electronic Thumb and get the Heck out of Dodge.





No comments: