Friday, March 24, 2006

Reminiscing

Gogo wasn't quite the babbler that all the girls were when they were tiny. He's making up for it now (BOY is he!!!) but I just remembered a funny thing that happened when he was about a year and a half old.

Gogo was always FASCINATED by the vacuum cleaner. He called it "kyoom" and he loved it. The noise would bring him crawling even before he could walk. One time I was in the tub and the "kyoom" was standing by the wall near the bath. Fishy wandered into the room and saw the kyoom there and immediately greeted it with a big smile, "Hi kyoom!" And what did I, his mother, get? Bupkus. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. (you get the picture) Thanks kyoom. How many diapers did you change today? I hate you. You suck. *snickersnort*

On a completely different note, my friend lent me "Mirrormask" and I'm going to pop it in. Yep. Neil Gaiman. (GAY-man or GUY-man?? I hate to sound ignorant, even if I really am. I vote for GUY-man but don't really know.)

6 comments:

Mkae said...

It's pronounced "Gay-man". I blogged about him some time ago in my "the following people are NOT God". By the way, Douglas Adams appeared on my list as "not God, but does fill in from time to time".

I found your blog when you posted to mine. As soon as I saw the title of yours I knew you were a HHGTTG fan. We're so rare these days!

Great blog, and you really appear awesome. Keep up the good work! ;)

C said...

Thanks! I LOVE the DA comment, LOL! I'm off to look up your NOT God post. :oD

tshsmom said...

That was an adorable story!
My son was a vacuum lover too, though you'd never know it NOW.

jungle jane said...

snickersnort. i love that word. i am going to use it every day this week...

Faltenin said...

Yep, it's Gay-man. Unfortunately for him. Guy-man was more macho.

I just re-read Calliope by Gaiman... another muse story...

C said...

Fal - Still needing a muse here. :-/ I think I'd insist on GUY-man if I were him.

JJ, I enjoy that word a lot. :o)

TS - such a bummer how they WANT to help when they're not yet capable and when they are, the idea has lost all it's charm.

MKae - I really enjoted your NOT God post.:o)