Monday, May 22, 2006

Memememememe

Logo™ posted a fun meme, so I'm gonna steal it, cuz frankly, I got nuthin' yet again.

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
fad, gad, had, jad
What?! It's Alphaphonics. The Prawn is still getting fluent. Oh a real book? Fine. "His eyes narrowed as he reconsidered her." (The Wounded Land, Stephen R. Donaldson. Apparently I suck at putting away books when I finish them. :-/ )

2) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can and see what you touch.
Enya! My kitty! Real kitty - fluffy grey tabby Maine Coonie sort of girl. She wants her pill (wrapped up in meat!)

3) What is the last thing you watched on TV?
Like programmed TV? No idea! It's been a long time. We watched a rented movie on TV last night though - Cloak & Dagger.

4) Without looking, guess what time it is.
10:35 PM

5) Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
10:50 PM

6) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
It's so quiet! Dh is surfing in the rocking chair, I'm surfing on the couch. The children are being AMAZINGLY silent.

7) When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Coming home from class and sparring.

8) Before you started this survey, what did you look at?
Trundling Grunt's blog.

9) What are you wearing?
Can I change into something more exciting first? Oh, OK. TKD sweatshirt and undies - erm, not TKD undies, just, you know, undies. . .

10) Did you dream last night?
Probably

11) When did you last laugh?
Just now at dh's email to my sis. Are you talking belly laugh? Well, if you must know, one of my kids ripped a really impressive one upstairs a few mins ago that got us all going. :-) We're so sophisticated. ;-)

12) What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Clock made for a Russian Typhoon class sub, watercolour painting by Mollusc, Jango Fett Wanted poster by Mollusc, Native American Medicine Wheel from when my mom & dad lived in SDak, Map/poster from an Egypt discovery treasure chest thinggy, B&W pics of young Mollusc and Sluggie on a beach in NC, Korean phonics poster, N Woodsy looking print.

13) Seen anything weird lately?
Not that weird, but a raccoon was knocking on the sliding glass door for food last night.

14) What do you think of this quiz?
Good when I'm brain dead!!!

15) What is the last film you saw?
Well that would have to be Cloak & Dagger I guess.

16) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
Probably a big-ass sailboat

17) Tell us something about you that we don't know.
I'm afraid of driving on the freeway, for the most part

18) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Break the Law of Death. OK that's probably too risky. Uh, how about making fat good for you? Oh, wait! I could declare open season on all mimes!!!!!

19) Do you like to dance?
Liking it and being good at it are mutually exclusive things. I like to, but you'd best avert your eyes. I do it like crazy when it's just me and the kids. Emphasis on crazy.

20) George Bush
Banana Hammock? No, probably boxers. . . Or tightey whiteys. But you never know!

21) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Well, she is. Should I go with something made up? OK how about next child after this point in time? (which I won't be having unless we buy one somewhere, LOL!) Not Ermintrude.

22) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
Mollusc was going to be Quinn, but then it turned into a girl's name. Next boy? (see above) The Prawn would have been Eoin ("Owen")

23) Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yup. Done it before and would do it again.

24) What do you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
"Yo, Girlie! Your dad's waiting right over there." :-)

14 comments:

muthacomputer said...

Man I haven't seen Cloak & Dagger in years!! Is it still as good as I remember it being?

Logophile said...

YAY, I am so glad you did this, it is so much more fun to read other people's answers.
Very good stuff.

C said...

P - LOL! That's the same exact thing I was thinking when I decided to rent it. It was enjoyable because I was watching it with my kids and they were into it. But it all seems pretty primitive to me now, too, LOL! I was thinking about War Games, too, and wondering if that was "still good." :-)

Jack - LOL! Maybe that would help. That place is deserted. Not sure why, cuz it's a pretty cool state. We usually refer to it as Sodak. :-)

Logo - Thanks. :-)I'm really glad I had something to rip off, LOL! I agree that it's more fun to read other people's answers.

Anonymous said...

Cloak & Dagger is awesome! I catch it when they show it on TV sometimes. I own War Games. I'm such a nerd.

Strow said...

this was adifferent kind of survey, your answers show me you are quite the woman.

thanks for the comment on my blog. as you can probably tell im not the most active poster. Although I do try to do them whenever ai think about it. I am more of the comment guy who leaves commenst on everyones blog. i will become a faithful reader thanks to your words.

egan said...

Logo has all the good memes. I drive on the freeway wearing nothing butt tighty whities.

jlmack said...

I will definitely have to do this meme when I have the time.
Congrats on the belt... red is definitely your colour.

C said...

Kitkat - I'm gonna have to rent War Games again. :-) "Do you want to play a game?" :-)

Strow - Well thanks! Like I said, anyone who's been slapped with a codfish - well, I gotta check out their blog, LOL! I was not disappointed.

Egan - now that's impressive. I've driven on backroads naked. (and praying not to get pulled over, LOL!) Does that ocunt for something?

Jai- -I'm really looking forward to reading your anwers! :-) And thank you! I'm still tickled pink - or red about it! :-)

C said...

OOps - count not ocunt, though it's possibly somewhat appropriate typo. :-P

Tracy said...

Looks like everyone reacted to C & D... which is exactly what I was gonna do...
Now I wanna see it again. : )

Trundling Grunt said...

Thanks for the kind words and link - this is a cool meme and I feel obliged to steal (with credits of course!)

The new picture is good but I wonder how many people are sitting trying to peer up your trouser leg (just reset your monitor guys!).

Love that clock btw - too cool!

Toby said...

Thanks. TG. It is a cool Clock! I tried to make a comment earlier when at work, but nothing is natural in a cinder block basement. It's reminicent of imprisonment. I'm going to follow up with all these soon, soon as you're least expecting it.

The book I grabbed "Native Son," the only book I had at work. Powerful, but page 18 didn't define line four. Richard Wright writes long sentences. If you haven't read it, I urge you to listen to Darth Vader's ten minute inticement. It's another story of plight, but it's a story of how plight began when "we," the northers saved 'them' but still didn't want 'them' in our back yard.

C said...

Wow, Tracy, I really touched off a chain of C&D rentals, didn't I? LOL!

TG - Cool! Can't wait to read yours! Heh - sorry guys, all you can see is my lovely black knee brace, LOL! Maybe I can do a better one with my new belt. ;-) The clock is from Sovietski. I got if for dh for Christmas a few yrs ago. :-)

Toby - Darth Vader, LOL! OK, I'll listen, and prolly get the book from the library. Looks very interesting! For 4th line, I used 4th sentence since it made more sense than just writing what appeared on line 4.

C said...

PS, you guys might have better luck looking up Tracy's skirt. }:-)