Sunday, June 11, 2006

Oh LOOK! A Chicken!

Yes, it's another disjointed post, brought to you by -- whoa! What is THAT on the wall??


Last night John and I went to see X-Men III, which we both enjoyed a lot (other than my favourite guy exploding.) It's a good one to see in the theatre with the big screen/big sound etc. Somehow, even though Hugh Jackman's shirt vanished and a lot of his skin was - er, disintegrating? disapparating? dissolving? - his pants managed to remain unscathed in all the areas that matter, so 2 tenths of a point deduction for that. ;-) It was a pretty successful action movie night for us, because later, at home, we watched Arahan, which was both funny and entertaining.

I'm going to attempt to make ice cream soon. Tonight maybe? Stay tuned for pictures of the inevitable disaster. (Remember when I made marshmallows?)

On Friday we got tadpoles from a friend. Her parents have a pool and every year when they go to take the cover off for the summer, it's full of tadpoles. So she scooped up a whole bunch and has been distributing them to interested parties. We took 10 and so far they're all still alive!! We also ended up with 2 little boatmen and 2 yet-to-be-identified - ah things. They're clear, about 3/4" long, straight, with a nose reminiscent of a pipefish's and you can see black eye dots and what I guess are a couple of little organs inside them. I can't see any legs anywhere. Any help?


Peter asked me some Qs, so here are my answers. Questions I'm asking y'all will follow.

If you could be any character, in the history of comics, which character would you be?

Sadly, I'm a geek who doesn't know much about comics. Isn't that kind of tragic? I think so. I used to pretend I was Wonder Woman when I was a kid (not all the time, mind you) and she's pretty cool. And Isis, too. (Was she in comics at all?) But I think Lara Croft would be more fun, and since she is apparently also a comic book character, I choose her. :-)

What is your favorite sci-fi movie?

You mean besides Star Wars? Well, I like the Star Treks for the most part. And I really like Galaxy Quest, though I haven't seen it in ages *makes note to rent it or just buy it ASAP*

Who invented the internet?

Me! I was working at CERN and I thought wouldn't it be nice if I could order my library books through the computer and never have to leave the lab?? So I developed this new alter ego and changed my gender and name and was reborn 14 years earlier (minus 4 days) and voila! And you're welcome. ;-)

And why did they leave it on all the time?

The switch is in my basement, but I can never remember to turn it off. Oops. I think I took a picture of the wrong switch.

What cartoon characters do your kids best represent?

Penfold (brainy and careful), Danger Mouse (adventurous and acrobatic), Inspector Gadget (always coming up with outrageous inventions) , and Stitch (destroys things when you're not looking but cute enough to get away with it.) Note, too, that all of these characters are slightly insane.

And I mean in the sense of super-power ability.

Oh. Whoops. OK, um. . . Hey!! I found my Killers CD!!! WOO HOO!!!!


Is your sister still single?


Sadly for all but one of mankind (and herself), the answer to that Q is "only technically." :-)

And now the part where I get to ask questions!! If you're unsure of what I mean with any of these, decide on your own interpretation and answer however you like. (Oooh, it's like a literary Rorschach!)

Logo, here are your questions:

1) When did you decide to homeschool your kids and do you remember what got you started thinking about it?

2) What is your favourite "classic" book?

3) If you could only choose 1 book - OK that's just silly. What book have you read the most times?

4) What flavour of tea are you?

5) Gravity: yes or no?

Trundling Grunt, these are your questions:

1) In a (nearly) perfect world, who or what would your Avenging Unicorn impale?

2) Mexican or Indian?

3) And the winner of the best herb contest is. . .?

4) What do you miss the most?

5) What made you finally start blogging (instead of hiding all your brilliant witticisms in other people's comments sections) and when you get your first book published can I have a signed copy?

Peter these are your Qs:

1) Has PETA hassled you about the lamb in the trunk? (Yes, I finally saw It's Not Easy Being Greek and loved it. :-) )

2) Boba or Jango?

3) What is or would be your superpower?

4) There is a (hot) woman in your living room. She flings her glass, or possibly a plate (don't hit me!) on the floor and shouts "Oppa!!!!!!!" Explain.

**edit - OK after posting this, I watched Date Movie with GuTter MuNKi and one of the first things that happens is that the girl walks into the Greek restaurant in which she works and someone flings a plate (which hits her in the head) and the entire restaurant yells, "OPPA!!!!" WTH?!?! That's freaky!**

5)

a)Pete, Peter, Panagiotis, Poly, Euphegenia, or????

b) and now please answer this question as your alter ego.


Jack, these are your questions:

1) Bauer: yes, no, or?

2) What is your favourite single-celled creature? (I laughed my @$$ off at your pictionary post!)

3) If you could be a character from a book for 1 week, who would you be and why?

4) X-ray vision or flying?

5) World Cup? Explain.

Egan, Logo has dibs on you, so I imagine your Qs will be appearing on her blog. :-)


Slarti, these are your Qs:

1) Slartibartfast or Zaphod Beeblebrox? Explain.

2) What is your very, very, very favourite thing to draw?

3)This world is about to be blown up by a secret organisation. You have one question you can ask. Would you request chocolate? What for? Do you believe in double chocolate?

4) Did you find it?

5) Fur or feathers?






11 comments:

GuTTer MuNKi said...

Perhaps that switch explains last night (ya baby!!!eleventyone!!). Or maybe it was Hugh Jass. Jackman. Jackmen. One of those guys.

muthacomputer said...

Cool. To save room on your comments page, I've answered your questions on my blog.
Enjoy!

Thanks for all the fish, Mr. Berners-Lee!

signed,
a fan

Logophile said...

I too shall answer upon my blog, some day soon.
Does your chicken have a name?
I think we will probably wait till X Men III makes it to video, in light of the fact Hugh keeps his pants on.
A chicken in pants would look funny, huh?
"Opa!" Some of the places that offer you plates to smash charge for them, and getting hit in the head would SUCK. When we were living there they encouraged flower throwing, rather than plates or knives.
Alright, off to ponder questions and see if I can find a picture of a chicken to hang on my wall.

C said...

GUtTEr MuNKi: Who can say no to huge - er Hugh's erecting claws??

P - YAY! Off to check out your answers. :-)

Logo - I usually wait for vid, too. Last film I saw in the theatre was SWIII. Bummer about Hugh, though, huh? A chicken in pants named George. (the chicken, not the pants - the pants are called Fred) I would much rather get hit in the head with a flower than a plate!

Jack - 1) that explains so much :-) 2) I hope the 5 was not out of 100 3) Wow. You're right! I've never seen you 2 together. How did that slip past me?? 4) Can you see invisible people with X-Ray vision? 5) My intl. sport of choice is Quidditch. :-)

Karen Little said...

Is your brain like your blog? You remind me of that fish on Finding Nemo - the girl one who had Elen Degeneres for her voice... It's brilliant!

Youe blog is always sunshiny and happy - I like it a lot.

BlondeBlogger said...

I SO used to pretend I was Wonder Woman, too! I think sometimes in my head I actually thought I was, lol.

I would put on bracelets and pretend they were the kind Wonder Woman wore and go around shooting things with my wrists.

Yeah, I was a weird kid!

Trundling Grunt said...

I'll answer these tomorrow. I just answered your questions from last week - sheesh, the pressure :-)

C said...

Karen - yes, I'm afraid so, LOL! Thank you for the kind words. :-)

ABlonde- WWoman ROCKS, LOL! Yeah - the bracelets - they were cool - bullet-deflecting and all that. Remember her invisible plane?

TG - Just have fun. :-)

begins with v said...

Here's an ice cream recipe that you may really love:

Heat whipping cream in a pot and soak 5 earl grey tea bags in it. Don't let it get too hot, just enough to let the bags seep.
Add sugar and milk and vanilla.

It is incredible! If you want exact measurements let me know...

C said...

Oh yes! I'd love the measurements! Is it 2 c (1 pint) cream, 1 c milk, 2/3 c sugar and a t of vanilla (or close?) I'm guessing from the proportions in the chocolate ice cream recipe. Oooh, I could do it with green, tea, too. :)

Malnurtured Snay said...

I can't remember how long it has been since I saw Galaxy Quest. I think I'll put it on my Netflix.