Sunday, December 31, 2006

Spamalamadingdong

I picked up the camera last night to take a couple of pics and found a jittering blob of something in the viewfinder. Of course it had to be my hair, right? So I swept back the annoying bangs I have been trying to grow out and tried again. ACK! Beetles? Box Elder bugs? I turned the camera around to peer at the lens. Nothing. I looked back through the viewfinder. BUGS! Walking around, no less. WTF?! It was a little 3 Stoogey, I'll admit, as I looked at the lens, back through the vf, back at the lens, all the time with a sinking feeling that they were INSIDE the camera. I took off the lens and checked out the mirror, up the vf, everywhere I could see without hurting the camera and still couldn't see them in there unless I looked through the vf. GuTTer MuNKi tried stunning them with the flash, but stunned himself instead, and then me. We shook the camera a little but stopped short of banging it on anything. ;) Repeated shutter use failed to dislodge them, so, not wanting to do any damage, we replaced the lens and gave up for the night, the only product of our efforts being a now filthy vf interior due to a fine covering of moth dust. Obviously the commotion didn't upset the little bastards, because today there are EGGS in the viewfinder! GRRRRRRRR! Camera store, here I come.

And now, Random Spam. . .



I finally got the pieces of our Word Flip game together. It's a lot like
Logo's Shut the Box game, but with an added Wheel of Fortune element. Roll the dice (we subbed different dice) and then add, subtract, multiply or divide to flip down a number and reveal a letter or blank space. If you think you know the word, you can guess on your turn. Lots of fun!

Spam #2: if you're a SCA type, a leather lover, or just enjoy buckling swashes,
The Inner Bailey is an awesome Mom and Pop biz that makes all kinds of neat goodies like sword belts, frogs and armour. I got belts for the kids for Christmas this year so they have something to hang their swords from, and they rock! Interesting tidbit: these folks did some of the costume pieces for both Beowulf and Grendel and Spamalot.

And spammy-type item #3 is for folks who love to read and write (most Bloggers?):
TCM, the service for which I review books, is seeking additional reviewers, especially for ebooks, romance and adult material. Free books, Baby! And, of course, your reviews in print. You'll get emails for available books and can call dibs on whatever appeals to you.

Which leads me to Spam #4:
Hungarian Rhapsody by James Derk. I'm currently reading this for review. I'm about halfway through and enjoying it VERY much (especially the Fawlty Towers references.) If you've ever thought about adopting, or are considering it now, I think you'll find it entertaining, insightful, and a little heart-wrenching, with a side of warm-fuzzies.

A very Happy New Year to you all. :)

13 comments:

armalicious said...

How did they get in your camera in the first place??? Adorable kid! Oh, and how did I not know about this TCM place??? I'm going to check it out now.

Jacob said...

I hate when that happens. What I do is microwave the camera for, oh, maybe a minute and a half. You'll enjoy the light show, too.

C said...

Arm - I really don't know. Those suckers are EVERYWHERE. I think they started in the birdseed. Grrrr!

Gawpo - OMG! ^_^

Do you have a microwave at work? Do you have an aol or other junk CD/DVD? Do I need to say more? }:->

C said...

Whyever would you think that? ^_^ I do resemble that remark. :-P Oh well, such is the home of a creative goddess. ^_^

PS I'm tempted to jump to whatever bloghost you have simply so I can have fun word verifs like "nipples' and "engorge."

Trundling Grunt said...

Do Terminix do cameras? All sounds very icky and dubious if you ask me. Any clue as to what sort of bug they are? A photo might be in order.

Happy New Year.

robkroese said...

Did Microsoft make that camera? Sorry, ex-programmer joke.

Happy New Year, Candace.

Joe Jubinville said...

They're evidently shutterbugs. A few bad pictures of family groups taken from six or more yards away should cure it.

Logophile said...

ok, I am liking that word game!
bookmarked a couple sites and checking my cam for bugs, that is WEIRD!
Ive never heard of such a thing

C said...

TG - I bet they'd think I was crazy if I called to ask about fumigating a camera. They appear to be some kind of moth. We've had a problem with little moths that originally came from seed we'd bought for the birdfeeders. These seem a little too small for that, considering there are at least 4 in there but they might be the same kind. Eck.

Diesel - BAHAHAHAHAHA! Wasn't the first computer bug a moth? How appropriate. :-P

Somewhere Joe - You slay me. ^_^ I'll do my best (or worst as the case may be.)

Logo - it's from Discovery Toys. They even replace lost parts. Woo hoo! I hope the new year finds your camera bug-free. Maybe it's because I switched to digital. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, C.

Ha! I shall play Wordflip this year. Thank you you giving me at least ONE new year resolution.

C said...

And to you, W. I haven't got any resolutions yet. Suggestions?

JBoombostick said...

Hey! How did that moth get in there?

That game looks fun for kids, I gotta get one. and what a cute smile from the angel face:)

Happy New Year Can!

C said...

I have no idea and it's driving me batty. I don't want MORE getting in there after I get it cleaned. Blech.

It really is a fun game. Angel face likes it, too. :)

Thanks. :)